Category Archives: Search Engine Marketing
Social Engagement is the new shift in search engine optimization (SEO). Google tracks how many people recommend your page to others, along with their ranked pages in the search results. It’s not a matter of how many “likes” you have on your Facebook page… it’s who actually ENGAGED with your content by measuring who shared it in Google Plus, Facebook, Twitter, Digg it, etc. (aka social recommendations). Yes! You guessed it! Google is tracking all those shares! You will find how they are measuring these shares In Google Analytics. It’s found under: Social Engagement (located under Audience, Social , and then Engagement. See snapshot to the right).
Step 1: Create content on what your audience enjoys!
You don’t need your own video to compile the message you want to share. Your rivvid platform allows you to compile different you tube videos into one quiz. Your video trivia creator also enables you to select which particular clip within the video you wish to use for your messaging. Thus, your content may be based on educating your audience about your business, “theme” topics you know will engage your audience such as culture, travel, “Teen Talk” and “Martial Arts History,” or cause related marketing such as what “Don’t Text and Drive” that Busciglio Orthodontics did using rivvid’s platform.
Step 2: Publish often
Create and they will come? Now that you have the open sign hanging on your door, it doesn’t mean people will come swarming in. You need to publish quizzes often and engage with your fans often. Establish a repoire by replying to their tweets or posts and ask them to help you spread the word! It’s called “social” media for a reason! People like to help and want to talk! So give them a reason to talk and a reason to return to your brand to see what other video trivia quizzes you have published.
Step 3: Get found by people on Google
Get them to share! Google mixes social recommendations and their ranked pages in the search results. It’s not a matter of how many “likes” you have on your pages. It’s how many people actually ENGAGE with your page via clicking on the “share” button from your post with their friends, liking your post, or leaving comments on your page.
Social recommendations were there earlier, but they merely played a part in the rank system. Now it can take you to first page of Google for at least some users or groups.
Thus, video trivia gives you “share worthy content” needed to allow your audience to share and engage others with your content.
Carefully select the keywords to target the right audience. Your rivvid channel and video trivia quizzes are optimised to give you a higher position in Google searches. The better your video trivia quiz description and “video trivia title” keywords you use, the higher you’ll appear in search results.
Step 4: Promote your rivvid brand channel url DAILY
Are you promoting your contest on the home page of your website? What are you waiting for! You got a campaign to run! DId you place the url as one of the websites to visit in your Facebook profile and Linked In profile? There you have the ability to add multiple websites you want people to visit. Did you eblast to your subscribers the promotion you are running?
Step 5: Inform others about your promotion!
Video trivia gives you something to talk about, so talk about it! Hand out flyers at events or in store posters to inform others the kind of loyalty rewards they will receive by engaging with your brand. Encourage friends to post on their blog. Cross promote other brands inside of your channel by having them give away something to the players who rank highest. Reward your players by giving them recognition such as Parent of the Week or Best Player of the week, so you have them returning your channel to see how they ranked and received the recognition they played hard to earn!
Below is a quick checklist of what was discussed above:
1. Is your rivvid URL on your home page?
2. What kind of recognition system do you have in place for those who score the highest that day or that week?
3. What other company can you team up with to give away something to your players so you can incentivize your audience with a reward?
4. How often do you plan to publish a new quiz? Daily, weekly, or monthly?
5. Who are you trying to reach? What keywords do they use to find your brand? Are those keywords inside your quiz description and title?
6. Have you announced it on your Facebook page? Did you post it on your Twitter account(s)?
7. Have you sent it out via email?
8. Have you asked others to share it with their friends?
If you are considering or have considered rivvid as an extra extension of your marketing efforts. We think you’ll really enjoy using video trivia as a way to engage your audience and happy to show you a 5 “Jump Start” set of steps to help you get going.
First off, please keep these important resources in mind:
- Quick Start Guide
- Plus follow @rivvid on Twitter and “like us” on Facebook to connect with other rivvid fans who will enjoy playing your game.
- Call us at 786-218-1021 or email email@example.com
Valeska Jacques, Chapter Public Relations Director, (305) 443-4110,firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Anne B. Freedman, NAWBO president, (305) 273-6640, email@example.com
Faster! Bigger! Fresh! Better than Ever! What’s Hot!
New Ideas in PR and Marketing for Your Small Business
August 9, 11:30 a.m., at the Banker’s Club, Downtown Miami
National Association of Women Business Owners, Miami Chapter
Looking for new marketing strategies and public relations techniques to expand your business? Find out from three leading South Florida experts at the August 9 luncheon of the Miami Chapter, National Association of Women Business Owners. The meeting will be held at The Bankers Club, 2 S Biscayne Blvd, 14th Floor, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Topics to be discussed are getting valuable publicity, realistic new advertising options for small businesses, marketing through events, and increasing sales and exposure using the five pillars of an effective internet strategy. The speakers are:
Alex Villoch, VP of Advertising, The Miami Herald
Gladys Mezrahi, president, Indigo Events, Inc.
Abdul Muhammad II, Chief Internet Strategist, uVium, Inc.
Cost is $40 for members, $45 for guests.
Reservations are required at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, call 305-273-6640.
When you ask a Search Engine Marketing expert, “What’s your process and methodology?” Make sure they cover all the following key items. If not, it is very important you ask.
- What approach do you use to submit your website to the search engines versus directories?
- Important they know how to write for the search engines.
- Keyword Concentration how many times your keywords are used within the text
- Keyword Placement: how far up it appears on your HTML page
- Link Popularity: other sites you are linked out to
- Directory Enhancement: picking out the appropriate keyword and category for your website, writing descriptions, and concise information about the company
- Do they provide Keyword search
- Search engine experts should provide with a report of what key words your audience is using to search your service or product
- Are there any guarantee?
- No one should guarantee thir work because algorithms constantly change. The search engines want fresh content and this is their way to filter out spammers.
- Important they are up to date with the latest Internet Strategies, Internet Modeling and Trends
- Mini websites to support marketing strategy
- Innovative Marketing Models to support marketing plan (linked in, my space)
- How often do tyou submit my site to the search engines?
- Web Gold software: allows you to automatically submit your site to the search engines
- Sometimes you receive email notifications from search engines if you would like to submit your website. Very important to stay on top of these email notifications.
- Make sure website is up to date
- Do you use tracking code?
- Tracking code allows search engine experts to track how effective the keywords they selected are
- Am I liable for costs in case my design is disturbed?
- Important search engine expert knows CSS and XHTML
- If you check back on your website and see it looks out of alignment or distorted, this is a sign that attention is needed on your website html code
- How many link popularity and link reputation do you provide?
- A good number of link popularity and link reputation is 10 link outs
- Ask how much it will cost if you an additional 10 links “a la carte”
- Do you analyze the graphic elements on my site?
- Do you analyze how each of my HTML pages are optimized?